Friday, October 3, 2008

Snowshoe Mountain



The last month, I've been having problems with Sciatica in my left leg and it was about to get me down.

It's extremely painful at times, but on Monday we drove to the "Snowshoe Mountain Ski Resort" and had a great time.


The elevation was about 4700 ft. and I was able to hike a total of 6 miles!


We took a nice hike along a ridge that is used as a "military flight training path". We climbed to the top of a "fire tower" and were watching the valley below us when an F-14 buzzed by at about 200 mph.

I could almost feel the heat off the engines!

It was a beautiful place. The leaves had not turned very much but we saw a little 'color' driving back to Charleston.

We also saw two small "Bobcats" on the trail which ended at a lake in the valley where there was a beaver dam.
The pain in my left leg is almost gone now!

No comments: